BLCU, Hanban & Chinese Gov’t Scholarship Information
1.) 2018 Beijing Language and Culture University/Hanban Scholarship Information Sheet
Visit: http://english.hanban.org/jxjen.htm for more information
All applicants shall be:
a) Non-Chinese citizens
b) In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
c) Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language.
d) Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2018. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45, while undergraduate students shall not exceed the age limit of 25.
Scholarship Types and Qualifications:
A. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL)
Commences September 2018 and provides scholarship for maximum two academic years. Applicants shall be Bachelor degree holders, and have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 5) as well as 60 in HSKK test (Intermediate Level). Applicants who are able to provide notarized document of the employment agreement or related proofs upon completing study in China are preferred.
B. Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL)
Commences September 2018 and provides scholarship for maximum four academic years. Applicants must have graduated with a high school diploma, and have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 4) as well as 60 in HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
C. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
Commences September 2018, and provides scholarship for maximum 11 months. International students currently studying in China are not eligible.
Applicants shall have a minimum score of 270 in HSK test (Level 3), while HSKK test score required.
ii. Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy.
Applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 in HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK test (intermediate level).
iii. Chinese Language Study.
(Level 3 Applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 in HSK test level).
ii. Traditional Chinese Medicine and Taiji Culture
HSK test score are required.
Scholarship Coverage, Criteria and Academic Assessment
- The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
- Tuition fee is under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions to provide teaching, management, Chinese language proficiency tests (HSK/HSKK), and cultural and social activities for scholarship holders.
- Accommodation fee is under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions which should provide scholarship holders with free dormitory rooms (usually double rooms).
- Living allowance is granted by the host institutions on monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are: One-Academic-Year Study: RMB 2,500 per month. There is none for 4-Week Study Program.
- The One-Academic-Year Study programmers are required to attend Chinese language proficiency test before graduation. Test fee is reimbursed by host institutions.
– Log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
– The Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form (fill out online & print)
Scanned copies of passport photo page
Letter of recommendation issued by GSU Confucius Institute
HSK & HSKK transcripts meeting level requirements
Certificate of academic degree or certificate of current enrollment
Copies of valid identity documents of financial guarantors (father/mother of applicant)
– Entrusted by Hanban, the GSU Confucius Institute oversees the materials review, BLCU’s connection, and collecting and handing over applicants’ documents to BLCU.
– Once application materials are verified by the Division of Scholarships of Hanban as valid, BLCU will then review the eligibility of applicants and submit the admission list to Hanban.
– Hanban conducts an overall assessment of applications and admits applicant on the basis of competitive selection.
– After confirming with the successful applicants, BLCU is required to post “Letter of Admission”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China”, a copy of the scholarship certificate and other relevant documents to GSU within 15 working days.
2.) 2018-2019 Chinese Government Scholarship Information
Applicants from the State of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana , Arkansas, Oklahoma , Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Puerto Rico need to apply to the Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Houston.
Please click http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2070 for details about Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS), including supporting categories, duration, coverage and standards.
More information about the CGS Bilateral Program is available http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3157。
Questions about Chinese Government Scholarship Application? Please feel free to click http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/newsdetailen.aspx?cid=66&id=3074.
Application needs to be done online and please see the instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Program
As part of the application documents, a Foreigner Physical Examination Form should be included in the application package it. Please refer to the instructions for detailed requirement for it.
Online application and the corresponding application documents should be submitted no later than April 1, 2018. Please send or email Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship to us while you finish online application. Our mailing address is Mo Chen, 811 Holman Street, Houston TX, 77002. Please mark Chinese Government Scholarship on the envelope and make sure the materials are sent by traceable mail. Email: [email protected]
For further information, please contact Consul Mo Chen at [email protected], or office 713-522-0438. Emails preferred.