Study Abroad in China
Study Abroad in China with Georgia State University
We’re excited that you’re interested in learning more about opportunities to study abroad.
Please visit http://mystudyabroad.gsu.edu to explore study abroad program options, scholarships, funding workshops, and other services. You may also meet with the Study Abroad Programs team in the International Center (Dahlberg Hall, Suite 300).
1.) GSU Confucius Institute’s
2019 Student Study Abroad Trip to China
Dates: May 10th – May 25th, 2019
Scholarships are available, and most expenses in country are paid for by the Confucius Institute, including meals, housing, credit hours, transportation, and activity fees!!
2.) GSU Confucius Institute’s
2019 Educators Trip to Beijing & Shanghai China
Discover China’s Educational System
Dates: May 27th – June 6th, 2019
- Expenses within China (including accommodations, excursions, some meals, and local transportation) will be covered by the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
- No more than 14 GSU administrators and faculty will be sponsored (Preference will be given to those who have never visited China before)
- Participants are responsible for their passports, visa, travel insurance, and roundtrip international flight (Arriving in Beijing and Departing from Shanghai)
- Itinerary includes: Workshops & Lectures, Field Studies with Visits to Local Universities, and Cultural Excursions (Tentative itinerary attached and subject to change.)
- Program goal is to deepen participants understanding of Chinese culture and contemporary China, as well as promoting a shared cross-cultural experience.
(Stay Tuned for 2019 Details!)
3.) GSU Confucius Institute’s
2019 Young Leaders Fellowship Tour of China
Innovation & Entreprenuial
Itinerary (subject to change):
Three cities: Beijing, Hangzhou, Shanghai, in sixteen days!
Trip Objectives and Goals:
- Pre-trip training to help participants set clear learning objectives and to ensure the achievement for their business ambitions.
- The professional advisory group will teach and guide participants throughout the Study Tour, and will encourage participants to evaluate their learning experience and give feedback.
- The professional advisory group will follow-up to build project contact between participants and China.
- Tour star enterprises including Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent, and Didi to experience first-hand the development and achievements these industry leaders faced.
- Visit start-up centers and incubators such as Zhongguancun Pioneering Park (Science and Technology), Hangzhou Cross-trade town (Trade), Shanghai Debi Pioneering Park (Culture), etc. to understand the entrepreneurial environment, entrepreneurial policies and development in China.
- Network with Chinese and foreign entrepreneurs to understand the Chinese market and to explore the possibility of cooperation.
- Learn from experts, scholars, investors and industry leaders on their own experiences in the start-up world.
- Have an opportunity to participate in road shows or entrepreneurship competitions with direct contact to potential investors.
- Experience in-depth the cultural and historical background of famous attractions such as the Forbidden City, the Great Wall, the West Lake in Hangzhou, and the Bund in Shanghai
- Non-Chinese citizens 35 years of age or under.
- Must be the principal partners or participants of a start-up project in operation for no more than three years, and must submit a business plan; or university students with a mature business plan. Priority will be given for winners of Entrepreneurship Contests with a business plan.
- Key start-up areas: Internet+, international trade and business, cultural industry.