BLCU & Hanban Scholarship Information
2017 Beijing Language and Culture University Confucius Institute Scholarship Information Sheet
Visit: http://english.hanban.org/jxjen.htm for more information
Category & Eligibility
Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 11 months. Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performers in HSK test. Applicant should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level).
**Scholarships for MTCSOL, One-Year Academic Study + MTCSOL, and a BTCSOL also available**
Scholarship Coverage, Criteria and Academic Assessment
- The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
- Tuition fee is under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions to provide teaching, management, Chinese language proficiency tests (HSK/HSKK), and cultural and social activities for scholarship holders.
- Accommodation fee is under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions which should provide scholarship holders with free dormitory rooms (usually double rooms).
- Living allowance is granted by the host institutions on monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are: One-Academic-Year Study: RMB 2,500 per month. There is none for 4-Week Study Program.
- The One-Academic-Year Study programmers are required to attend Chinese language proficiency test before graduation. Test fee is reimbursed by host institutions.
– Log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
– The Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form (fill out online & print)
Scanned copies of passport photo page
Letter of recommendation issued by GSU Confucius Institute
HSK & HSKK transcripts meeting level requirements
Certificate of academic degree or certificate of current enrollment
Copies of valid identity documents of financial guarantors (father/mother of applicant)
– Entrusted by Hanban, the GSU Confucius Institute oversees the materials review, BLCU’s connection, and collecting and handing over applicants’ documents to BLCU.
– Once application materials are verified by the Division of Scholarships of Hanban as valid, BLCU will then review the eligibility of applicants and submit the admission list to Hanban.
– Hanban conducts an overall assessment of applications and admits applicant on the basis of competitive selection.
– After confirming with the successful applicants, BLCU is required to post “Letter of Admission”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China”, a copy of the scholarship certificate and other relevant documents to GSU within 15 working days.