BLCU & Hanban Scholarship Information
2016 Beijing Language and Culture University Confucius Institute Scholarship Information Sheet
Visit: http://english.hanban.org/jxjen.htm for more information
Category & Eligibility
Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 11 months. Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performers in HSK test. Applicant should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level).
Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 5 months. Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China, but have a minimum score of 120 in HSK Test (Level 2), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK (Beginner Level).
Scholarship for Four-Week Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 4-week study which is mainly focusing on Chinese language. Application is mainly open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, and excellent performers in HSK test. Applicant should submit a HSK score report, and have no prior experience of studying in China.
**Scholarships for MTCSOL, One-Year Academic Study + MTCSOL, and a BTCSOL also available**
2016 Admission Dates
Admission for students of One-Academic-Year Study, and One-Semester Study is either on September 1st, 2016 or March 1st, 2017. Four-Week Study courses are available from July 15th – August 14th, 2016, or December 15th, 2016 – January 14th, 2017.
Scholarship Coverage, Criteria and Academic Assessment
- The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
- Tuition fee is under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions to provide teaching, management, Chinese language proficiency tests (HSK/HSKK), and cultural and social activities for scholarship holders.
- Accommodation fee is under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions which should provide scholarship holders with free dormitory rooms (usually double rooms).
- Living allowance is granted by the host institutions on monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are: One-Academic-Year Study, One-Semester Study: RMB 2,500 per month. There is none for 4-Week Study Program.
- The One-Academic-Year Study and One-Semester Study programmers is required to attend Chinese language proficiency test before graduation. Test fee is reimbursed by host institutions.
– Log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
– The Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form (fill out online & print)
Scanned copies of passport photo page
Letter of recommendation issued by GSU Confucius Institute
HSK & HSKK transcripts meeting level requirements
Certificate of academic degree or certificate of current enrollment
Copies of valid identity documents of financial guarantors (father/mother of applicant)
– Entrusted by Hanban, the GSU Confucius Institute oversees the materials review, BLCU’s connection, and collecting and handing over applicants’ documents to BLCU.
– Once application materials are verified by the Division of Scholarships of Hanban as valid, BLCU will then review the eligibility of applicants and submit the admission list to Hanban.
– Hanban conducts an overall assessment of applications and admits applicant on the basis of competitive selection.
– After confirming with the successful applicants, BLCU is required to post “Letter of Admission”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China”, a copy of the scholarship certificate and other relevant documents to GSU within 15 working days.